Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In - Sensible Eating Plan

I am not following any particular diet plan, like Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, etc.  I am following my own plan, which I refer to as Sensible Eating.

Sensible choices - more fruit and vegetables; avoid fried food, cream sauces, anything overloaded with cheese.
Sensible portions - that means smaller than what I have become used to, especially in restaurants.  Plus, it is not necessary to eat everything on my plate.
Sensible approach to sweets - I am a sweet-tooth and chocolate is my drug of choice.  Eat only rarely, and in small amounts.  Most difficult step to follow!

For example, when my husband and I went out last Saturday, to our usual Saturday night date-night restaurant, I had five grilled shrimp on what they serve as a side salad.  It was enough.  I was comfortably full without being stuffed. I don't need to feel stuffed, in fact, I would rather not feel stuffed.  Must remember this more often!

The stats:

weight lost this week:  1.0 pounds
weight lost YTD:  5.0 pounds

1 comment:

  1. I've been doing exactly that since last May and you wouldn't believe the weight I've lost. I didn't want to go on a diet plan because I feared failure (yet, again). So, instead I chose to change my lifestyle and it's been slow but it's working. You can do it - applause, applause.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.