Friday, January 1, 2010

Quilting To-Do List for 2010

I'm making a list of quilting things I'd like to accomplish this year.  I figure if I write it down (or type it here), that's a step in the direction of making it happen.  But I consider it a fluid list, subject to change if my creative muse takes me in a new direction.

1.  Good Tidings, from Miss Rosie. Directions are in an issue of Australian Homespun that I just happen to have.

2.  Brand New Day, another pattern from Miss Rosie. This is a WIP I blogged about in December.  I am making it with my hoarded Folkart Christmas fabrics designed by Robyn Pandolph back in days when she designed for Moda.

3.  Another applique quilt - I am thinking of a design from the Quilting with My Sister book that would make a nice wall hanging for my sewing room.

4.  School Spirit - a gold and blue quilt for the Parents Association auction at my daughter's school

5.  Finish my Dresden plate UFO - this is my portable project.  I knew it would be a long-term endeavor when I started it (in 2007 I think) - long-term, not life-time.

6.  Make something that is atypical for me.  I think this will use my turquoise and aqua fabrics, the fat quarters I've been collecting for a couple of years. 

7.  Skill expander quilt - My skill expander in 2009 was Shasta Daisy, my first machine applique quilt.  I have a WIP based on a variation on the kaleidoscope block. I have not worked with an isosceles triangle before, and a block with 8 pieces coming together in the center is a challenge for me too.   

That's seven goals on the to-do list, which is probably more than enough.  I am sure to be side-tracked by fabric I can't resist and new patterns I see.  But I have good intentions.

What about you?  What are your quilting plans for 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.