Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Quilt Fest of New Jersey VII - My Visit


I visited the Quilt Fest of New Jersey VII last week, where this quilt was one of the award-winning works on display.  It is Chromatic Transitions, by Rachel Wetzler, and it is a beauty!  I was wowwed by it!



It is all machine applique, using a tiny zig zag stitch.

Here are few more quilts that caught my eye.  Dots With A Twist of Lime, by Marion Lutz, using Kaffe Fassett prints. 


Isn't this a great idea for a scrap quilt? It's going in my idea file.


 


This is My Eldon, by Bethany Morelli.  This quilt took an award for Best Machine Workmanship. 


The piecing used very narrow strips, which I attempted to show in this blurry photo.


This small wall hanging is Treasures At Sea, by Amy Hamado.  It is only about 14" by 18" so the Storm At Sea blocks are all tiny. 



I'll have another post with more about the show later this week.


2 comments:

  1. Chromatic Transitions is a stunner, it's easy to understand why it won. I'm so glad you shared it, it's an amazing work of art. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received my pattern for Eldon! A bit high level for me but I intend to go slow and careful- how tough was it?! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.