Monday, January 1, 2018

Looking Back at 2017 and Ahead to 2018

I just looked at my first post of 2017, the one in which I wrote about what I planned to make during 2017.  It's a good thing there aren't performance evaluations with hobbies or I would be fired as I accomplished almost none of my plans.  I finished the first project (Flutter), then got side-tracked for sure.



My goals for 2018 are very similar to last year.  I have a quilt to bind and Wildflowers to finish up.  I want to make a Christmas quilt, probably the Fig Tree pattern All Wrapped Up or maybe Daybreak by Jaybird Quilts.  I'd like to make a Christmas pillow or two as gifts.  A lace clutch is still on my list and we could use some new placemats and a new set of pillow shams.  And I need a handwork project to work on during the Winter Olympics.  Then there is the quilt on the cover of the Feb. 2018 edition of American Patchwork & Quilting...I might start with the stars.  And let's be real, new patterns and fabrics will catch my eye!  I gathered some ideas onto a Pinterest board

What are you quilting plans for 2018?

 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png


4 comments:

  1. I fear that any performance evaluation of my goals would have a similar result so you are not alone. I think it's just the nature of the craft (or maybe that quilters are easily distracted!). Regardless, you had lovely finishes this past year and I have no doubt that will continue, whether the projects are on your initial list or not. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of fun in the new year! And isn't that what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm eyeing that APQ pattern too! I'm still working on my 2018 goals. I didn't accomplish many of my 2017 goals either, but after all, they're really just guidelines. Best wishes for a great 2018 sewing year. I think you had an amazing 2017, Congratulations. Were we both in Hawaii this time last year?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.