Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Seeing Stars - Finished Top

Early in January, I showed you the 3" stars I was making for Aurora, a quilt pattern  from Laundry Basket Quilts.   A few 3-day holiday weekends later and I have the quilt top finished. 

I used a tiny beige dot on ivory fabric for the background and approximately 10 different blue prints for the stars.  I took the first photo when I was laying out the pieces on the design bed. 

Coming together...

I've seen this quilt made two ways.  One uses the background fabric for the setting triangles and the other uses a different fabric for the setting triangles, usually something a little darker in color and larger in scale.  I decided to go with a second fabric and chose this paisley print I had in my stash.  

The star blocks form sashing that frames the solid squares.  This is all set on point with the setting triangles framing it all ; no border, though you could add one if you want a larger size. 

This top is off to the quilter and I'm off to cut out my next project.

 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png