Friday, June 17, 2011

Christmas in July Quilt Along

I'm dedicating the month of July to working on Christmas projects. 


Would you like to join me?   Not a lot of rules or structure - make anything you want to, as long as it has a winter or Christmas theme. If you want to join me, let me know via comment here or email message and I'll post a link to your blog on my sidebar so readers can check out your progress.

We'll officially start on July 1 but you can use the rest of June to get ready by deciding what you want to make and getting your supplies together. The new Christmas fabrics are just arriving in the quilt shops, so this is a great time to start.

Last year, I made Let It Snow, a wall hanging for my kitchen. 
 


And Christmas Day, a throw-size quilt made out of hoarded Robyn Pandolph prints.


This year, I'd like to tackle at least one of my PIGS (projects in grocery sacks, or in my case, dry cleaner bags).


I have several kits and patterns purchased in prior years with good intentions, but...

One is the banner on the cover of this book, Tidings, by Nancy Halvorsen.  She has a new Christmas booklet our this year that I'm already salivating over.



I will be working on my wool applique project while Miss Main Street tours college campuses (campi?).


And I have some ideas for another star motif design made out of my hoarded Maison de Noel fabrics, a 3 Sisters by Moda line from several years ago. 

In other words, I could work on Christmas projects for the rest of the year!  So I'm sure you can find at least one thing to make!





3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your progress with all that gorgeous wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in Cathy. I've been working on Christmas for the past few months. I will be so happy to have some things made when December rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.