Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In - Rewards

I tend to use food as a reward.  Oh, that interview with the prospective new client went well; I'll stop at Starbucks for a Caramel Macchiato.  Or I'm at the mall shopping with Miss Main Street in the stores with the extremely loud music with incomprehensible lyrics; a stop at Hagen Daz would make a good pick-me-up.  You can understand why I'm carrying an extra 20 pounds.





So I need some new rewards.  While I like the occasional papaya, it doesn't give me the satisfaction of, say, a chocolate truffle.  But I'm trying to make it work.  Still, I think it would be best for the long term if I could adopt some non-food rewards.  One of my Christmas gifts was a gift certificate to a local day spa.  I'm planning to use it at the 10 pounds lost point. But I need some treats of the more daily or weekly variety.  Do you have any ideas for me?

The stats:

weight lost this week: 1.5 pounds
weight lost YTD: 4.0 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.