Sunday, January 3, 2010

Name That Quilt!



My scrappy string quilt needs a name.  I've thought of four so far:
  1. Petits Fours - the mix of pastels reminds of these little cakes, but I seem to always name my quilts after food!
  2. Sugar Frosted - for the white criss-cross strips, which remind of icing.  But ditto about the food.
  3. Summer Romance - because of the pastel florals used in the quilt.
  4. Splendor in the Scraps - because I used scraps and stash and it came out splendidly!
I'd appreciate it if you voted for your preferred name.  Results to appear in a future post.  If you have thought of another name for me to use, please mention it in the comments.  Thanks for your help!


 










I used a lot of scraps and small pieces to make this quilt, mostly saved from some of my favorite fabric collections from 3 Sisters - Paris Flea Market and Seaside Rose, as well as a liberal sprinkling of Robyn Pandolph designs, rounded out with odds and ends on hand.  This quilt came nowhere close to busting my stash but it did make a noticeable dent.

I pieced the blocks using a paper foundation.  This works well for the sewing stage but I find it a pain in the patootie to remove the paper afterwards.  If  I do something like this again, I am thinking of looking for some very thin, non-fusible interfacing to use for the foundation and then leaving it in place.  Not practical for hand quilting but I think it would work for machine quilting.  Has anyone done this and do you have any recommendations for the foundation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.