Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Find - Bark Thins

It's been a long time since I found something worth sharing as a Friday Find but do I ever have a treat for you today!  You know how it is, quilting and chocolate - perfect together!  Well, this product, Bark Thins, is perfect in my book.  They even call it "snacking chocolate."


 
I was introduced to Bark Thins in the Costco in Lihue, Hawaii.  I'm not a Costco member (there isn't a store near me) but my mother is and we went there to pick up the makings for breakfasts and a few dinners in our Kauai vacation condo.  We saw Bark Thins stacked near the checkout and bought some to try.  My introduction to the product was via the dark chocolate, pretzel, and sea salt flavor and wow, super yummy.  The chocolate is good quality, dark chocolate but not bitter, and the pretzel addition gives it some crunch. 
 
Once back home, I had to figure out a source of supply and found my original as well as other flavors on Amazon.com.  My new love is this dark chocolate with pumpkin seeds and sea salt.  Plenty of antioxidants and other good stuff in there, not to mention it is the best tasting thing I've had in a long time!  It is a bit pricey on Amazon but a pound bag was less than $10 at Costco so try there if you are a member.
 
I was introduced to another taste treat in Hawaii:  dried mango. I love mangos but had never had the dried version before.  Mmm, good!  Amazon stocks several brands; the 7D brand is the one we had in Hawaii and the ABC Stores site sells it too.  I brought a small supply home with me but will need to stock up soon because Miss Main Street took most of it back to college with her. 
 
But life is not all about snacks here on Main Street.  I've been busy trimming my blocks.  My next step is to assemble the quilt top.
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Oh no! More pressure to join Costco! Those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when blocks get trimmed and there's all those slivers of fabrics in a pile. Then I know the quilt will
    ( should) fit together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten about that delicious Costco dark chocolate.
    Lordy it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.