Monday, May 3, 2010

Yo-Yo Inspiration

My mom left for her home this afternoon; I will be reclaiming my sewing room later this week.  We had a good time while she was here.  Mom and I usually go on an antiquing trip when she visits and this trip was no exception.  We went to The Tomato Factory in Hopewell, NJ. a consortium of antique dealers in one building.

I saw this pillow and could not resist a photo for the blog!


The pillow is about 16 inches square, made of black wool, and the basket and flowers are made of tiny (about 1/2 inch) yo-yos!  I thought it was pretty cute.  The dealer has two of them.  I'm not sure of the era though the fabrics in the yo-yos seemed like 30's to me (but I am not an expert).  I didn't buy either pillow because I don't have any place to put them.

Another day, we went to the mall.  Mom had promised Miss Main Street a shopping trip for her birthday.  While there, I found these must-buy flip flops at J. Crew. 



The little black flowers aren't yo-yos but they are similar, and they have small beads in the center.  These did come home with me but you can find them here.  On sale too!  If it was Friday, I'd call this a Friday Find.  The flip flops come in several colors; J. Crew calls this color "metallic pewter" but they look black to me. 

This week is going to be very busy but I'm hoping for some quality quilting time this coming weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Those flip flops are adorable! I have a pair of flip flops from J Crew that my daughter bought me for Mothers Day, several years ago, they also have a matching t-shirt. They are my favorites but I seldom wear them, I want them to stay new looking!

    I'n glad you are enjoying your visit with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.