Friday, September 18, 2009

The Wish Book Has Arrived

This came in the mail yesterday. I call it The Wish Book. They call it Hancock's of Paducah 40th Anniversary Volume 50.



When I was a kid, my sister and I would spend time going over the Sears catalog, Christmas edition, in great detail, compiling lists of everything we wanted Santa to bring. The Hancock's catalog is this grown-up quilter's version of that Wish Book. Over 167 pages, all the major fabric lines are shown, most in the form of approximately 2" swatches. Some pages feature quilts made from the various lines. My after-dinner entertainment last night was going through the catalog, making imaginary quilts out of each collection that caught my fancy: Aster Manor, Rouenneries, Kaffe Fasset Cool Blues, Girl Scouts - I need a Thin Mint apron! And the Christmas collections! It is so hard to narrow down to what will actually be do-able over the next few months.

I really do use the catalog to plan projects and as a guide for ordering fabric from the Hancock's of Paducah website. You can request your own catalog on their website, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.