Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XVI

Yesterday, I went with two friends to the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XVI show in suburban Philadelphia. It really was quite the extravaganza! The largest show I've been to, I think, with lots of great quilts exhibited and, of course, lots of lovely vendors.

I took pictures of a few of my favorites:

I like the way this first quilt incorporates an intricate center medallion with simpler piecing around it. It was more impressive in person than in this tiny photo.

"Compass Radiation," Corienne Kramer and Mary Vaughan

This wall hanging is called "Quiet Village." I'd like to do something similar based on photos I took in Bermuda.

"Quiet Village," Rebecca LoGiudice

The next two photos show some of the detail. The flowers and vine are embroidered.







The background was pieced, with the sunflowers appliqued on top.


"Harmony," Kathryn Hayes


Something like this has been on my mental project list for along time. It is a variation on the 9-patch block. I've seen a commercial pattern called Gingersnap for something similar. I like the use of color and all floral prints in this one.

"Seasonal Impressions." Loretta Crum and Lisa Sauer


I like the "alternative use" of the paper pieced hexagons in this one. The centers of the flowers are embellished with embroidery and beads.


"There Are No Grannys In My Garden," Sue Bracken


Visit again tomorrow for a look at what I bought.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.