Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall Is In The Air

The mornings are chilly and the leaves are starting to turn. Time to get out the fall quilts.





This is Autumn Medley. It hangs in my kitchen, one of my set of seasonally rotating quilted wall hangings. I made it in 1999, using directions in the book Watercolor Quilts by Pat Maixner Magaret and Donna Ingram Slusser. (The book may be out of print now.) I was in a watercolor phase at the time and still have lots of 2" squares and 2" strips - I'll have to figure out something to do with them.






This was also back in the days when I hand quilted every quilt I made. Then I discovered the glorious thing that is the professional long-arm quilter! Now I only hand quilt some smaller projects.



I was just looking through the Watercolor Quilts book again and began thinking, "I'd like to use this technique again. I could make this one, or that one." So many quilts, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.