Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Progress Is Made


So far, so good - the studio is still neat and organized!  That's because my mother was lodging there for a week.  Not much sewing done over the holidays.  Instead, I spent a lot of time visiting with family, seeing movies (Black Swan, The King's Speech - both excellent) and planning our spring vacation to Paris (!!).

But I did make some progress on the turquoise quilt.  I'm in the process of joining up the blocks with solid white lattice strips before adding the borders.  My goal is to get the top finished this coming weekend. 



This quilt needs a name.  I've been thinking of something to do with swimming.  Maybe Splash?  Any suggestions welcome - please leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love the colors of aqua and turquoise and I LOVE this quilt you have created. I like the name 'Splash'; it fits. I am a new quilter and you have inspired me to start building a teal/aqua/turquoise stash....thank you! Congrats on your upcoming Paris trip...how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestions....Seaside, By the sea, Beachy. I like your idea of Splash and love those colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.