Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Spirit On My Bed

Part of my Christmas decorating is to put a Christmas quilt on each of the beds.  Here is Holiday Spirit, a quilt I made in 2008.



This was an "almost entirely from stash" quilt; I think I bought a few fat quarters to round out my selection of reds and greens.  It is very scrappy.  If I recall correctly, this is an older Miss Rosie's pattern called Midwinter.  I saw it (or something very similar) at a quilt show in the fall made in Luna Notte fabrics and it was gorgeous!  The pattern lends itself to color combinations other than red and green.  And it may look a little complicated but is really just two alternaing blocks - sawtooth star and a 9-patch block that incorporates some 4-patch blocks.  The blocks are set on point, with pieced setting triangles.




This is a very big quilt, ample for a queen size bed (would probably fit a king), so I sent it out to be quilted by a longarm quilter.  She did a pattern of holly vines and berries.

I need to finish this year's Christmas projects so I can finish my holiday decorating!

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, that's a great idea to have Christmas quilts for all the beds in your home! Some day I'd like to be able to do that. Your quilt is beautiful and I love the pattern! I'm amazed that the majority of it came from your stash! It's like a free quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.