Monday, December 6, 2010

A Little Bit Of Christmas

Over the weekend, I squeezed in a little time working on what is practically a UFO, the Joy Joy dish towels I started a couple of months ago.  I saw one of these towels on display at my local quilt shop's Holiday Open House (I think that was back in early October) and bought the materials then.  I made the towels but did not get to the applique part (plenty of time 'til Christmas! LOL) until Sunday.


The pattern is in this Art To Heart book, Tidings.  You can see one of the towels, very small, in the lower section of the cover photo.  The projects use fusible applique that is zig zagged or buttonhole stitched by machine.  I had to stop when I realized I lack the necessary shade of green thread for the machine applique.  I think I can pick that up on Tuesday evening and resume work.


I really like the Merry Christmas banner.  Might have to tackle it sometime.  (Not this year!!!)  Below is a photo of the scissors I use to cut my applique shapes.  They are made by Fiskars and I highly recommend them.  They are very comfortable in the hand, very sharp, and cut easily even around curves and small pieces.  The blades cut right to the tip.  You deserve a pair if you do any applique - put them on your Christmas wish list!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Merry Christmas banner. You def. need to make it some day and put those big red buttons on too! Towels are way cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.