Sunday, August 22, 2010

Aging Gracefully

Back from the quilter, bound, and labeled - Aging Gracefully


I was using a different name when this one was a work in progress.  The fabrics have an antique look, like they have aged, and I wanted to get that into the name.  Suddenly, it came to me, and Aging Gracefully it is.  I used a Bonnie Blue Quilts pattern called Second Hand Clothes.  Bonnie Blue Quilts showed this design in their booth at one of the quilt shows I went to last year and I admired it so much.  I did not want to buy the kit because I already had the Legacy layer cake and some yardage.  So I bought a small fat quarter bundle of complementary fabrics that BBQ was selling, along with the pattern, then ordered the solid khaki and aqua fabrics to finish it off.    This will go nicely on our tan couch in the family room.

That's Miss Main Street holding up the quilt.  She had to stand on a chair and stretch her arms out as far as they would go.  Although she is 15, she's still my little girl at only 5'2".




1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful and I love the name you chose. Second Hand Clothes is one of my favorite patterns and has become my official wedding gift (using Moda's Morris Workshop collection). We're bringing out a new version in about a week - check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.