Sunday, August 1, 2010

Christmas In July - Grand Finale

It is the last day of my Christmas in July Quilt Along.  What have I done? 

My second project was my version of Let It Snow.  I received this pattern several months ago from Thelma of Cupcakes & Daisies.  I purchased fabric and embellishments to use for this project at a quilt show last winter.


Here is my finished top, being held up by Miss Main Street.  I traded the red and green prints for blues with snowy white and silver.  And I enlarged the block from 6" to 8" because I wanted the finished quilt to be a little bit bigger to fit the wall in my kitchen but did not want to add blocks to the design. 





I am going to hand quilt this then embellish the snowmen's faces with wool, buttons, and snaps, just like on the pattern cover photo.  My plan is to hang it on the quilt hanger in my kitchen in January.  It will be a nice complement to my Christmas snowman collection.


There is another act in this Grand Finale but first we'll have a brief intermission.

1 comment:

  1. oh it looks great love your colors, I remember that giveaway I LOVE this pattern, nothing like snowmen in mho! Oh and right now with the heat wave we have had this past month I say bring on the snow NOW!
    kathie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.