Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Amy Butler's Style Stitches

When I ordered Miss Main Street's fall semester text books, I put a little something in the order for me.  It arrived today from Amazon.com.


Amy Butler's Style Stitches:  12 easy ways to 26 wonderful bags!  I bought it for the bag on the front cover, epectiing there would be more good things inside.  Here is a photo of the same design in different fabric.



There are some other wonderful ideas in here.  I especially like this more structured purse.



As you might have noticed from the photos, the book uses a spiral spine within a hard binding.  I like this because it makes it easy to keep the book open to a page with directions while you work.  The pattern pieces are in a sturdy envelope in the back of the book (none of that "enlarge by 400%" business).  And the instructions seem quite detailed.  I think this will be good for making a few Christmas gifts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.