Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Some Odds and Ends

I've been working on the strip pieced blocks; 27 completed so only 117 to go! The piecing is easy but I want the quilt to be queen bed size so there are many blocks to make.

While I'm sewing and ironing, I try not to eat too much Halloween candy. Most of it is my daughter's haul. We really do live on Main Street, where there are sidewalks, so we get a lot of kids on Halloween, about 250 this year. All I had left was about 8 Reese's peanut butter cups and only had those because it started raining shortly before 8 pm, putting an end to the trick or treating.

On Sunday, I went to my LQS. They had just received the Rouenneries by French General from Moda. I had seen glimpses of this line online and in blogs and thought it looked good. Well, the actual fabric is even better than I expected - absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to make a quilt with it but resisted for the moment, with intention to plan something then go back to buy the exact yardage I need. I'd appreciate any suggestions for a block or pattern that would look particularly good made up in this line.

1 comment:

  1. I also resisted the Rouenneries line, but i LOVE it. Then I saw the pattern by Lynette Anderson: Irish Birds. An Irish Chain with applique and redwork in the center of the chain. I called all the local shops, and not a single shop ordered the French General line!!! So I got online and ordered and I love it, love it, love. And I'm not usually like that!
    Anyway, I know your feeling about the fabric. Hopefully you'll find the perfect pattern for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.