Thursday, December 10, 2020

Moving On To Christmas Sewing

I'm making tiny sawtooth stars.


I saw a quilt design called Star Struck in the October issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.  It's by Sherri McConnell of aquiltinglife.com and was made in her latest fabric line for Moda called Balboa.



While very pretty in the Balboa prints, my thought was to make it my own using Christmas-y fabric from my stash.  In my sewing room reorganization (see prior post), I uncovered a cache of fabric in a bag, Christmas prints from a line called Jingle All The Way by Nancy Halvorsen.  When I write "cache" I mean I have 2.5 yards each of three different fabrics, 1/2 yard each of three fabrics, a jelly roll and a charm pack.  Then I found another piece from the line, leftover from backing another quilt.  I think this fabric is a few years old and I don't remember what I planned to make when I bought it.  Anyway, with the addition of some Kona solid in snow for the background, it was plenty for making this quilt Star Struck. 

The stars finish at only 4" and I am getting three out of each jelly roll strip.  Given the speed at which I sew, this quilt won't be finished for Christmas 2020 (well, I aim to have the top finished but it won't be quilted) but that's okay because I have lots of Christmas-y quilts to use in my decorating.  In fact, I'll be back soon with 12 Days of Christmas Quilts.

photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

1 comment:

  1. LUV! This will be a beautiful Christmas quilt - love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.