Tuesday, December 22, 2020

12 Days of Christmas Quilts - Day 12



Not quilts but they are quilted - our Christmas stockings.  I made the first one (the red one) 25 years ago, when Miss Main Street was a baby, for her first Christmas.  It is quilting cotton, cut in the shape of a stocking, and embellished with some vintage lace.  I sandwiched the front with a light batting and backing fabric, while the back of the stocking is two layers of fabric without batting. The binding around both pieces holds them together and forms a loop at the top for hanging.  

I made a second stocking when we got our first dog, Reggie.  Now Dillie and Trevor (dogs two and three) have their own stockings as well.  


There is just a little simple quilting, at the toe and heel. 


And the stockings are the last of my Christmas quilts.  I hope you've enjoyed these 12 Days and it has given you lots of ideas for Christmas quilts for 2021.

Merry Christmas!
photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png



1 comment:

  1. Cathy, Thank you for posting your Christmas quilts. I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

    Merry Christmas,

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.