Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Wildflowers Progress

I'm making good progress on my Wildflowers quilt.  The blocks go together pretty easily.  As long as I have the pieces cut and ready by my sewing machine, I can work on it for a few minutes each evening after work and have 10 blocks made by the end of the week.  I think I need about 60 blocks for the size quilt I want to end up with - a wall hanging.


The directions in the book instruct you to completely piece each hexagonal block and applique the center circle then sew the blocks together.  I think it will be easier to make half-blocks, arrange them as shown above, then sew together in vertical strips. 


So I keep each block in two pieces, like this. I'll add the centers at the end.  I'm going to use the two yellow floral prints from this collection for the centers of the flowers.


 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I can see where your method would be a lot easier. Great adaptation. The florals just seem to flow into each other, like an impressionistic painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is coming along quite nicely and your idea is great.....perfect for sewing together. Really like the idea of yellow centers and can't wait to see .....very pretty Cathy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.