Monday, December 15, 2014

One Item Checked Off The Bucket List

My double wedding ring quilt is finished and on the bed.  That's one item checked off my quilting bucket list (but plenty remaining to be tackled).

 
 
I'm calling this one Love Actually Kari Ruedisale did a fantastic job for me with custom quilting.  It is exactly what I envisioned. 



She quilted a motif to fill the center portion of the interlocking ring and a series of loops on each arch of the ring.

 
 
 
And the border is absolutely fantastic, with vertical lines and a wonderful feather making its way around the outer edge.  

 
Love Actually took a while to finish; let's call it slow quilting.  Made mostly from prints from the Paris Flea Market line by 3 Sisters, with a background from a newer 3 Sisters line (Printemps?).  I used a set of acrylic templates from Marti Michell and highly recommend them.  They made the cutting easier and the piecing more accurate than trying to cut with cardboard forms.   And I'm thinking of re-using the template set to make another quilt on my bucket list, the orange peel.
 
In the first photo, you can see the pillow cases I made from the background fabric.  I'm planning to make some pillow shams from my remaining Paris Flea Market hoard.  But in the meantime, there's a big check mark on my list.  What's on your list?

10 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Cathy !!!!!!!

    I applaud you on making this quilt !

    A true heirloom quilt :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finish, love this quilt . Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is so soft and elegant looking. Beautiful. I also have similar templates, but they are the Creative Grids ones. I am planning on making Bali Wedding Star with them. Fabric is bought and waiting for me!! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunner! I guess I missed the post when you finished piecing it. This is the kind of quilt that I refer to as a "master piece."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Cathy -- it's Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt. It looks vintage and fits into the bedroom perfectly. The quilting is fantastic and I like the look of the loops over the arcs. What a great finish for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, lovely quilt! The DWR is always a big deal to get off the bucket list. I too love it when I have enough fabric leftover to make coordinating shams or pillowcases.

    You ask what's on my list? The same thing! I hope to get mine to the flimsie stage before the year ends -- quilting will have to wait until 2015. Every bit of inspiration like yours reminds me that I need to get back to it. Enjoy your beautiful quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly amazing and it looks fantastic on your bed. Love how it is quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is beautiful! Great finish. The traditional block and the soft pretty fabrics go together so well. I always like 3 Sisters fabric ranges.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.