Saturday, December 6, 2014

Love Patchwork & Quilting Magazine

While browsing at Barnes & Noble the other day, I came across a new-to-me quilting magazine, Love Patchwork & Quilting.  It is published in the UK and a bit pricey by my standards ($11.99, though about $9 after various B&N member and coupon discounts) but I could not resist buying this issue, labeled "Festive Issue Fourteen."


 
The project that especially caught my attention is this clamshell pattern called Super Scallops.  I've seen clamshell quilts made using English paper piecing but that technique does not hold great appeal for me.  This project uses more of an applique method where the sewing can be done by machine or hand.  By the way, the individual clamshells are quite large; that is a bed size quilt pictured below.

 
But there is also a mini version that uses a smaller size clamshell.  The only question is, should I go big or small?  I'm leaning towards the wall hanging because we really don't need more bed-size quilts here on Main Street.

 
The cover quilt also got my attention.  It is another bed size quilt, 80 inches square, called Chevron Snowflake.  Given the way it is pieced, I think it would go together quickly. 
 
 
 
There a several other projects in this issue, including a duffle bag.  All in all, an impressive publication.  I'll be on the lookout for future issues of Love Patchwork & Quilting!


2 comments:

  1. When I was in England in Oct I picked up a copy of this quilt magazine. Wanted something from over there to see what their styles were. I hope to enjoy it after Christmas and try something from it. Nice to pick something up from another country. I hope you enjoy your new magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always interesting to see what's new in different places. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.