Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Need A Gift For Someone Quilty?

To celebrate my birthday last week, my husband gave me the books on my Amazon.com wishlist, including 500 Traditional Quilts, from Karey Patterson Bresenhan (director of the Quilt Market trade shows).

Wow, what inspiration.  Photo after photo of stunning quilts!  There is a lot of variety represented, including applique and both simple and complex pieceing.  Each is a marvelous example of the art of quilt making.  There are plenty of quilts included that I wish I could make, and plenty more that give me real ideas for something I could actually complete.



This book does not include any instructions; it is inspiration only.  But I think it is something every quiltmaker would enjoy looking at and like having in her library.  If you need a gift for a quilting friend, or even for yourself, 500 Traditional Quilts could be just the thing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review I had heard it was an excellent book.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.