Monday, October 21, 2013

Main Street - My Finished Quilt

We visited Miss Main Street at college this weekend so I didn't have much time for sewing.  But  I finished the binding on this little (31" by 36") wall hanging on Sunday night and it is now hanging in our kitchen.


I'm calling this quilt Main Street, which is the actual name of the street where we live.  I made this quilt using a Schnibble pattern called Full House, altering it only to include the trees. 

Karen Thompson of Poppycourt quilted Main Street for me in a custom design.  She made shingles in two different styles for each roof...



...added some texture to the trees...

 
...and quilted a simple cross hatch in the "sidewalks."  There is also a gorgeous feather-like vine in the border but it did not photograph well.


It looks perfect hanging in our kitchen.  Main Street is my first Schnibble but won't be my last!


3 comments:

  1. I love your version, Cathy!!! The little trees were the perfect addition! Yes, those Schnibbles are wildly addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you connected it to real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those trees are so cute! And the quilting adds so much texture too. I always love what you do Cathy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.