Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ta-Da!


Frequent Flyer is finished!  I finished sewing the binding on this afternoon and took a photo outside in our backyard.  We've had a lot of rain since Saturday but the sun peaked out from the clouds long enough to get a nice picture of the quilt thrown over our picket fence.  A nice change from my usual spread it out on the floor and take a picture from the stairs.

I love this quilt and it was a great stash buster.  The only fabric I bought was the backing.  I could have pieced the backing out of my stash but didn't want to spend time doing that.  I used a beige tone-on-tone for the back.  If you are looking for a stash buster, I highly recommend this pattern, from the April 2011 edition of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.  You can change the colors to match your decor; mine is a little different from the magazine version because I used more green and I used dark brown for the sashing (instead of black).  I think it would be fabulous in red-white-and-blue, with a navy mini-print or tone-on-tone for the sashing. 

Must run.  I have another quilt to bind!


3 comments:

  1. beautiful, I think your quilt came out wonderful! thanks for sharing.
    great fabric choices, I just may have to make this now too!
    I love scrap quilts!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just beautiful! What a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.