Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Next Project

I'm starting another Christmas quilt.  I intended to wait until December, to have a holiday project to work on during the holidays, but "fell in love" when I saw the pattern and after that, there was no question of waiting.


I'm using fabrics from my stash.  I had to purchase some background and will neet to buy the backing.  I am using a lot of the same fabrics I used in my Christmas Stars quilt.  Really, I have a huge stash of Christmas fabrics and they seem to multiply when I'm not looking.

The pattern I'm using is called Ruby's Ribbon Box, from Little Louise Designs.  It makes a crib or throw size quilt, although you could easily add more blocks to yield a bed size quilt.  I'm going with the throw, 52" by 63", and although I'm using scraps that were formerly fat quarters and half-yard cuts, the pattern is designed for layer cakes or fat eighth bundles. 


This pattern designer is new to me.  I bought the pattern as a computer download from the Fat Quarter Shop but it is also available in conventional, hard-copy format.  I've started the cutting and some of the piecing and so far, so good.





2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your progress - it's a sweet pattern with beautiful fabrics waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of fabrics great way to use your stash. I just might have to purchase that pattern , I have a few layer cakes here I could use. Looking forward to watching your progress on this quilt

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.