Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In - Eating Out

I completely forgot to write my post last Wednesday.  The holiday on Monday (Memorial Day here in USA) threw me off all week.

I've reached the point where I can do "eating out on a diet" without going totally off the plan.  And I don't feel deprived or like I'm settling for A when I'd much rather be eating B.  We're selective about the restaurants we go to; we avoid a local place I refer to as House of Fry, and Friendly's, that diet disaster, is off-limits.  Here are a few tricks I've picked up:

  • If the entree is large, mentally (or even physically) separate it into two smaller portions.  Eat half and take the other half home for a meal another day. 
  • I don't need an appetizer, main course, and dessert.  In fact, I don't even need an appetizer and a main course.  And I don't order dessert; the chocolate cake will still be on the menu in six months when the diet is over.
  • Sometimes, a salad with an appetizer is all I need.  But don't let them drench the salad in dressing.
  • Read the menu carefully; fried food is often disguised with other terms.  If in doubt, ask your waitperson for more information.
  • Turn the bread basket away.  Drink water while you wait for your order.  And talk; it is hard to chew and swallow while talking.
I'm turning Wednesday Weigh-In into a monthly, rather than weekly, post. Reporting in helps keep me at it (probably the reasoning behind Weight Watchers meetings) but the pounds are coming off slowly and I don't have much to say about it.  No point in boring everyone when I could be talking about quilting.

The stats:
weight lost this week: -1.2 pounds
weight lost YTD: 4.4 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.