Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Just Finish It Challenge - First Finish


While giving my sewing room a much needed clean up, I found so many unfinished projects.  I'm determined to finish at least five of them before undertaking anything new.  Here is the first (sort of) finish.  

It's the quilt I started at the Sew Brimfield retreat in early November.  I made most of the granny square blocks at the retreat, finished the last few when I got home, then the project sat.


Last week, I got the top finished, with the borders on.  And I have the backing ready.  So while not quite a finished quilt, it is ready to go to the long arm quilter.  


This is another made-from-stash quilt.  I need to use up more of my stash before I buy fabric because I simply don't have room for more, short of storing it in the attic.  



On to just-finish-it number 2.

photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

3 comments:

  1. I feel your sentiment of using up, finishing up and moving forward. Your neutral quilt is lovely. It's hard to work on a one color scheme quilt, but they are always so sweet and beautiful when they are finished. One done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting this lovely quilt closer to the finish line. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely quilt to add to the 'finished' pile, even if it is just at the flimsy stage at this point. It's so peaceful, just inviting you to take a nap or two under it. Keep going - you're off to a terrific start. I too have a few that I would like to wrap up before I start anything new, but those squirrels seem to appear out of nowhere! Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.