Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Pirouette or Dance Party, A Finished Quilt


About 10 months ago, I began the process of making about a gajillion half square triangles out of my collection of 30's reproduction prints to use in the making of a design called Pirouette by Carrie Nelson.  The pattern in featured in the book A Scrapbook of Quilts by Joanne Figueroa and Carrie Nelson (well worth having in your quilting library if you don't own it already).  I finished the top by mid-summer then had it quilted by a long-arm quilter.  I got it bound in time to give it to my sister and brother-in-law for Christmas.  I named my version Dance Party.




I was really happy with the way it came out and they seemed to like it too.  




It is a fairly easy design to make, though the number of blocks needed for a queen bed size quilt means the process can become a bit tedious.  






The quilting design is a panto (edge to edge), a loose feather that softens the linear piecing.  I used a wide back by Lori Holt for Riley Blake fabrics that I bought for this purpose but all the other fabric, including the binding, came from my stash and is from older fabric lines.



I hope you had a merry Christmas or other holiday celebration and are settling in for the new year.  I'll be back soon with my plans for 2023.


photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.