Monday, January 26, 2015

Sawtooth Star Sew Along

Last week, on Nicole of Sisters Choice blog, I read about Barbara Brackman's Stars in a Time Warp Sew Along.  It took me only a few minutes to decide I'm in.  I love a star block!

To make my sawtooth stars, I'm using my stash of French General fabrics, mainly the scraps left from making my pineapple quilt called Rendezvous in 2013 and another star quilt (Ginger Belle pattern from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.) in 2011.



I have a plastic shoe box size bin of scraps as well as a layer cake of Rural Jardin, a few fat quarters, and some charm packs.  I started by cutting some of the scraps and have a few stars ready to sew on this block board.  


 I need to make eight stars to get caught up, then I can add two stars a week until the end of the year, or until I have enough for my project.  I have a vague idea in mind but that could change.


3 comments:

  1. Have fun. You know you can never go wrong with French General fabric. Your pineapple quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Stars are going to be gorgeous in French General

    My favorite fabric :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love French General fabrics and I also collected quite a few pieces....was wondering if you would give the cutting size of fabric for those stars and sewing as I went to Barbara Brackman but didn't see any tutorial or info on the construction of the block...I would like to make some and thanks...
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.