Wednesday, August 27, 2014

New Project

For my next project, I'm making Pattern Play, a project from the June 2014 edition of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.

 
This magazine...

 
 
This is a bit of a departure for me.  It is more modern than my usual aesthetic and uses all solid color fabrics.  I started by making a test block.  This is what a block looks like after sewing.

 
 
And here it is after trimming to 10.5 inches square.  The instructions in the magazine for how to trim the block are excellent!  If you are a regular here, you know I've had some complaints in the past about inadequately written pattern directions.  Well, not for this pattern, it is all very good, very easy to follow.

 
 
Making one block at a time means a lot of jumping up from the sewing machine to move to the ironing board then to the cutting table.  I'm going to continue this production making my blocks in batches of 8 at t time so I can chain piece.  Either way, it will be faster than a double wedding ring, lol!
 

1 comment:

  1. That's a great choice after working so hard on your DWR quilt. It has a fun modern look. I think I'd figure out a way to chain piece it too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.