Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Scrap Quilt Ideas

My primary project right now is the LeMoyne star Scrap Basket Sunday project. I'm making my stars out of partial fat quarters from my vast Fig Tree Quilts fabric collection.  I still have a lot of fat quarters and other large-ish pieces of fabric to work with in my Fig Tree Harvest project, but it is only a matter of time before I am down to true scraps.  So I started "collecting" scrap quilt ideas.  I saw Camp Randall from Primitive Gatherings on Linda's blog (she quilted the original) and went absolutely nuts for it!  I immediately ordered the pattern.




The photos Linda took look even better than the pattern cover photo.  I'm saving my small Fig Tree pieces in order to make this one; I'll have to find a unifying fabric to use in place of the navy used for the original. 

And I've been saving scrap quilt ideas on a Pinterest board. 

Here are some more scrappy quilt ideas:



Frequent Flyer was my last true scrap quilt.  It uses uneven 9-patch blocks and a flying geese border.  The pattern was in an issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. 

.


The Dresden plate block lends itself well to the use of scraps.  Summertime is scrappy but I used fat quarters. 




Tilted Spools, from the book Pretty Patchwork Quilts by Cyndi Walker.
 

 
Six-pointed stars in a block called seven sisters.
 

 
 
 
 
With so many scrappy designs vying for my attention, I may need more scraps!
 


1 comment:

  1. Your version in Fig Tree fabric scraps will be do pretty. Perfect for leftover scraps! Cannot wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.