Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Say YES To The Dress

I moved my Pretty Dresses quilt off the back burner and am focused on finishing the quilting.  I'm doing this one by hand, so naturally it takes some time.  However, I think it's time I finished up.  I started work on this quilt in January, 2012, and began tackling the quilting last summer while watching the Olympics on TV. 

I quilted some definition into the dresses and cross-hatched the background, which makes the dress pop off the background. 

 
I'm working on the border now and am about one-third of the way around.  I had a stencil for this spiral design that both fit the border width and fit with the design (sort of thread unwinding from a spool - well, if you imagine it really hard!). 

 
I still need to decide what to quilt in the sashing.  I'm looking forward to having this one finished and up on the wall in my sewing room.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Your hand quilting is beautiful and the designs really show up. Cross hatching takes so much time but is lovely in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say "Yes, yes, Yes!" to that dress. What a pretty quilt. I love the border pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow -- it's SO pretty! And your quilting is beautiful -- it's perfect for your setting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if you just stitch in the ditch along the edges of the sashing? Then it will become more of a frame around each dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt. I love all those lovely dresses.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.