Monday, July 30, 2012

The Olympics and Hand Quilting - Perfect Together!

Ordinarily, I am not much of a sports fan.  But that changes in an Olympic year.  My favorite events are swimming and gymnastics, but I can become absorbed in just about any event.  And how about the Opening Ceremony!  James Bond and the Queen parachuting into the stadium was the highlight for me, but I also enjoyed the athletes parading in and the ceremony of lighting the torch. 

I am currently glued to the tube but watching the sporting events of the Olympic Games on TV is the perfect time to do some hand quilting. 


This is my version of Pretty Dresses (note to self:  must come up with better name).  I am quilting a grid in the background behind each dress manniquin and I use blue painters tape instead of marking the quilting lines.  Here's a finished block up close.


With three weeks of TV watching, I just might be able to finish quilting this wall hanging.


3 comments:

  1. You are off to a great start quilting this beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is beautiful. What a perfect project while the Olympics are on. Painters tape is my favorite way to mark quilting lines too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! What a great way to mark a quilting line...will have to look for that kind of tape!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.