Friday, March 29, 2013

Sparkle - The Quilting

The actual quilting on Sparkle was done by my long time partner-in-quilting, Karen Thompson.  Karen has quilted a lot of my quilts, so many that she recognizes my style and colors!  She did a spectacular job on Sparkle.

Karen kept the quilting in the stars simple then used a snowflake motif in the open spaces.

 
The snowflake echoes the print in the fabric I used for the outer border.


 
A string of pearls (or tiny snowballs) fills the inner sashing then part of the snowflake was repeated in the outer border. 

 
Many of my quilts are quilted with an all-over design (often called edge-to-edge or pantograph quilting) but some quilts call for custom work.  Karen's quilting really enhances Sparkle.
 


Karen works out of her Bucks County, PA, home and often picks up and drops off work at Pennington Quilt Works in Pennington, NJ.  She doesn't have a website but she has a phone and email.  Let me know if you would like her contact info. 

2 comments:

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.