Sunday, August 30, 2009

Winner's Bouquet - Finished Flimsy


The quilt top I made from the Winner's Bouquet pattern and templates by Atkinson Designs is finished! I think Reggie approves. I used a layer cake of Patisserie (Fig Tree Designs from Moda), rounded out with a few other fabrics. The curved piecing was not all that difficult. In fact, if you are looking for a first project with curved pieces, I recommend this pattern.

I'm calling it Cider Mill because the colors remind me of childhood visits to the Franklin Cider Mill, in Franklin, Michigan (northwest of Detroit, near Birmingham and Bloomfield Hills). Cider was (and still is) made in the historic mid-19th century building and they sell the cider, old fashioned donuts, and apples there. The colors in the Patisserie fabrics remind of all that yumminess and even of the mill building itself.

I'm putting this away along with the backing and binding fabrics, to be quilted a bit later. I have some other projects to get to, but more about that later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.