Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fig Tree & Co.

Several of the bloggers I follow covered the recent Spring Quilt Market in Pittsburgh. I love to hear about and see what is coming to quilt stores. What really grabbed my attention this time was pictures of the Fig Tree & Co. booth - camp beds covered in quilts and more gorgeous quilts on the booth “walls” and lots of props to add to the disinctivel look. You can see it on Fig Tree founder Joanna Figueroa’s blog here.

I ordered the patterns as soon as Fat Quarter Shop got them in stock. The patterns arrived on Thursday (while I was at a 2-day training session for my job-I-get-paid-to-do). I spent last night (while waiting for my daughter to get home from her first “grown up” dance) looking at the patterns and planning my future projects.

Madeline will become a wall hanging for my sewing room. I haven’t chosen the exact fabrics but they will be something to go with the green and yellow room décor.



For Rosettes, I am thinking of using the Moda Glace line by 3 Sisters. The pattern takes a Layer Cake plus yardage for the cream areas, sashing, border, and binding. I think I will follow Nicole’s advice and wait until after I finish the piecing to select the border fabric.


French Kiss is a good possibility for the quilt I want to make Miss Main Street to commemorate the start of her high school career. I am planning a quilt in her high school’s colors, blue and gold, and will give it to her on her first day of school. Shh! It’s a secret!

I better get to work!

1 comment:

  1. I love their patterns, as well. I have a layer cake of their new line, Millhouse Inn and have been searching for 'the' pattern to use. Enjoy your new treasures.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.