Monday, July 11, 2022

Pirouette Update


It's been a while!  I took a bit of a sewing hiatus; I was just not in the mood.  Then suddenly, and fortunately, my mojo returned and I got back into my sewing room.  I have all the blocks finished for Pirouette.  


Pirouette is in A Scrapbook of Quilts by Joanna Figueroa and Carrie Nelson.  It is a great quilt book, well worth having in your library.  The directions call for 16 blocks, set 4 by 4, but I am enlarging the quilt to fit a queen size bed so need 25 blocks.  

I wanted a retro look so I am making this quilt using 30's reproduction fabrics from my stash.  I've had this fabric a long time and it feels good to be finally using it.



The first step is to make a zillion "building blocks" out of triangles.  I used Triangles On A Roll to make mine.



Next step is to sew the blocks together into the quilt top.  More soon.


photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

2 comments:

  1. That's going to be a fun quilt. Using those 30's repro fabrics takes a special pattern. You've picked a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute start and love your fabric choices....Glad that you are back to sewing and must feel good Cathy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.