Friday, April 29, 2022

Blockheads 4 Update - Some Finished Blocks


I'm working on Little Blocks 4.5 and the 4.5 inch blocks in Blockheads 4 simultaneously but progress slowed when first, I injured my right index finger (not a rotary cutter accident but the finger hurt making using a rotary cutter difficult) and then I got Covid-19 (a very mild case, like a cold).  I've recovered, and so has my finger, and I'm caught up on Blockheads 4 blocks.

So here are five of the first six blocks.  I chose not to make one (Block 3?) because it had too many pieces for me to manage in the small size.  However, I may go back and make it later.  These blocks are good practice for piecing accuracy and as mine improves, I am more confident in my ability to manage the tiny pieces.  The biggest challenge is the build-up of seam allowances on the back.  



I'm using fabric from my stash for this project, a mix of red and green Christmas prints and assorted backgrounds.  I'm not sure yet what setting I'll use; I had a couple of ideas at the start but I've seen some interesting settings from other participants so am undecided now.

photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

2 comments:

  1. Sweet tiny blocks. They end up having as much or more fabric on the underside than on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks Cathy and know what you mean about those seams building up...these are really nice and love your colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.