Tuesday, January 25, 2022

New Project for 2022 - Little Blocks 4.5 Sampler Quilt


Last year, I participated in a sampler quilt block program called Little Blocks 365, receiving block patterns by email each week to make seven foundation paper pieced blocks.  I used solid fabrics in rainbow colors and gradually, my collection of blocks grew...


...until I had enough for a quilt.


I didn't make all 365 blocks because I did not need them all for my chosen layout and wall hanging size quilt.  I enjoyed the process so when Sentimental Stitches offered a new program for 2022, offering "not quite so many" and "not quite so little" blocks, I joined.  This program is called Little Blocks 4.5 because the blocks finish at 4.5 inches square.  This program includes 156 blocks, delivered three per week.  I have three possible layouts in mind, none of which require all the blocks, so I can pick and choose or I can finish early.  


I'm using Christmas fabrics from my stash for this project, including fabric leftover from Jingle All The Way.  So far, so good!


photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png


3 comments:

  1. You're going to have fun for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks. I'm joining in with the small blocks too from Gay. Just need to finish a major project first. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also working on the Little Blocks 4.5 using reproduction fabrics. I have completed blocks 1 & 2, but stitched and unstitched enough for 4 or 5 blocks. Slowly improving my. technique. Two fellow guild members are also in the program with different fabrics.
    Your design with the colors in the 3 inch blocks is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.