Monday, February 1, 2016

La Passacaglia Connecting Stars

I've been sewing the stars that connect the rosettes together in La Passacaglia.  This is not the most interesting part of making the quilt, mostly because I decided all my stars would be white (Kona Snow) with green centers.  Each white triangle point on the star is about the size of my thumbnail so there's lots of sewing with little square footage being created.


In the photo above, the stars on the far left are already sewn into an arc that will go around one of the rosettes.  Still much more to do but I plan to use these stars to get a few more rosettes attached to the main body of the quilt this coming weekend.

This past weekend, I started cleaning out the closet in my sewing room.  My sewing room is the fourth bedroom in our 4-bedroom house; it doubles as a guest room.  Half of the closet has a hanging bar for the use of any guests (it also holds my formal attire in a garment bag) and the other half is shelves on which I store my fabric and some tools and equipment, box of thread, bottles of spray starch, and so on.

I've piled recent fabric purchases on the floor, due to lack of room in the closet, and am now culling the closet contents to make room for the stuff on the floor.  I had good intentions last year when I read Marie Kondo's book and made progress in my clothes closet and drawers but never made it out of the bedroom.


But 2016 is the year for the sewing room to get the "joy" treatment.  Check back tomorrow for the start of my destash sale.  


 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

2 comments:

  1. Those stars are adorable. I am tempted......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those stars are super small and your piecing must be so precise to have everything fit together. Exceptional stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.