Friday, May 15, 2015

La Passacaglia - Rosette 2/3

It has been awhile, I know.  My current project moves along very slowly and there is not much progress to show week-to-week.  I've started my second rosette.  This one is labeled #3 in the schematic for the quilt.  It is one of the large ones, with five more rounds to add before it is complete.



I did more fussy cutting for this one.  I do like the impact of fussy cutting but it takes a lot of time.  I cut several sets of pieces from the same fabric when I cut the pieces for the third round you see above so with those pieces already cut, some of the future rosettes should go together more quickly.  

My sewing room is a mess!  I pulled fabric from my stash for this project.  Originally, it was neatly piled at one end of my sewing table but as I sort, match up sets of fabric for each rosette, and cut, it has become messier and messier and now the fabric lies in three heaps on the floor.  Cleaning to be done later, now it is time to sew.
 

1 comment:

  1. This one is coming along nicely and yes....they look like there is a lot of time spent on each. You must have a great eye as they are so cute and love them....can't wait to see how this one goes.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.