Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Find - PB2

Have you heard of PB2?  It's a new discovery for me and I am loving it!


PB2 is dry peanut butter; basically, peanut butter with the fat removed.  It is a dry powder you can use as is or mix with water and use in some recipes that call for peanut butter.  The advantage is fewer calories; one tablespoon has ony 45 calories.  I find it really does taste like peanuts, but does not have the creamy mouthfeel of regualr peanut butter when mixed with water.  I've been using it to make a breakfast smoothie that keeps me full until lunch.

Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie

1 c. chocolate almond milk (unsweetened)
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
2 T. PB2
1 small banana (or half a large banana)

Combine in blender and drink. 

The PB+J variantion is to skip the yogurt and add 1 cup of fresh or frozen (unsweetened) berries instead. 

I buy my PB2 at a Mrs. Green's Natural Market, however, I don't think they are a national chain.  You can also buy it from Amazon.com.  And there are lots of recipes for using PB2 on the internet.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. I'm going to look for it around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting that recipe, we have also discovered PB2 and it does have great flavor. I will have to try the smoothie for my hubby he is a PB addict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found it in my local produce market. I really like using it a lot in so many things.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.