Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Find - Simply Retro, by Camille Roskelley

Look what came in the mail from Amazon:

 
It is Simply Retro, by Camille Roskelley.  I saw enough online to know there were a few projects I like, making it a good purchase for my quilting library, and after seeing the real deal, I am not disappointed.  All of the projects use classic quilt block designs, but are updated with modern fabric and color choices.  And one of the projects is a baby quilt made from one super-sized block.  All the projects are based on using precuts, like jelly rolls, charm packs, and fat quarters, but can easily be adapted for fabric odds and ends pulled from your stash.
 
My favorites are this cheery number called Swell...

 
...and this over-sized granny square style block called Vintage.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. thats what sold me on this book its all traditional blocks ! great book to just pick up and make a quilt
    from your stash! like the ones you chose too
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a fabulous book, as well. It's just difficult to pick a project because they're all great. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.