Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Design Inspiration

Over the past week, a few items have come my way and inspired thoughts of future quilts!

First, I came across this pattern by Carolyn Friedlander, called Sessoms.  The cover quilt is made with Kaffe Fassett prints.  I have a bag of Kaffe fat quarters and this may be just the project for them.  I bought my copy of the pattern at Pink Chalk Fabrics.  I appreciate that they don't charge to ship patterns.


Next, Amazon.com delivered my copy of Pretty Patchwork Quilts, by Cyndi Walker.  The designs are fairly traditional, livened up by the fabric choices (mostly scrappy) and applique accents.  I've put a couple of the projects on "my list."


This pattern, Shooting Stars, is great for fat quarters and does not require border fabric. 


I like Tilted Spools even better.  I plan to make this as a wall hanging for my "studio."



This month's McCall's Quilting (May/June 2012) is full of possibilities.  The ever-prolific Gerri Robinson has a pattern featured that uses stars while another frequent contributor, Lynn Lister, has a patriotic sawtooth star design in the issue.  This issue is worth adding to your collection.



1 comment:

  1. Lots of inspirations ! I just received my McCalls Quilting magazine and this issue is packed with ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.