Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Even More Christmas Decorating

I have a couple of decorator throw pillows that are just for Christmas time. After I started collecting snowmen, my mother gave me this snowman pillow. I think she bought it at a craft show.





It is very simple construction, without piping or a ruffled edge, but the placement of the buttons makes it special.



I love the Hoffman cardinal prints and have some in my stash but have never figured out what I want to do with it. I saw this pillow at an arts cooperative in Cooperstown, NY (yes, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame). I knew I could make something similar but the price was right so I bought it and saved myself the work.




The maker used two fabrics. The print with the cardinal is a circle that was appliqued on top of the evergreen boughs print. The border is a dark green batik, with pine green ribbon sewn over the seam. It is about 16" square. I use the pillow, along with the long cabin quilt, to cozy up this chair in a corner of our living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.