Monday, April 13, 2009

Japanese Quilt Magazines and Books

I spent yesterday afternoon browsing through my Japanese magazines, looking for quilty inspiration. Japanese quilters seem to do things a little differently from us and I often find new ideas in their work. I especially like the purses, totes, and little bags. And no, I do not read Japanese, so I have to rely on the photos and illustrations for the "how tos."

I get my Japanese magazines and craft books from the Japanese book store in New York City, Books Kinokuniya, on 6th Ave and 41st St, across from Bryant Park. Magazines are on the main floor and craft books are in the lower level. They are a little pricey so it is a once-in-a-while treat. I've also purchased from eBay seller Rose Tree. This seller includes lots of photos in his or her listings so you get a good idea of what you are buying. The postage costs are reasonable and the selection and service are excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.